Tuesday, December 6, 2011

OB & Peds happenings!

Hello again! I have finished my first rotation - OBGYN - and really loved it! I was able to see 2 C sections and 1 natural birth (on my last day :) ) I have started my Peds rotation and it is a bit overwhelming to work with the little ones that can not tell you why they are feeling bad. The babies are fun to see when they are well, and they have so much energy and love for life! M
My Avi dog Zena passed away this week :( She had her front leg amputated a couple of years ago and has not been feeling well for the last couple of months. Dan decided that she did not need to be in so much pain anymore so he let her go. I wish i could have visited her one last time before she left us. But i think that she knew that i would love her forever..... oh teeny zeeny! you got so much love, teeny zeeny! you will be missed.
Shadow has been so playful since i got home from school. She carries around her little feather toy and asks you to play with her. Then when she is tired she goes into the bedroom and sits on the bed and waits for me to come to bed. And at night she is so cuddly. Last week there was a huge windstorm and both Willow and Shadow came in and slept with us in the middle of the night because they were scared. The wind was around 80 mph and ripped a small piece oc siding off our house. There were so many pine trees and other trees and car parks and other items that got blown around the neighborhood. There were semis tipped over on the freeway and they were not letting the semis travel for a day or two. We lost power for almost a whole day. I had to shower by flashlight on the first day of my peds rotation. But we had hot water and the fireplace was still powered (gas) so that was not so bad. We ended up goin to Taco time for dinner then came home and went to bed early. It was super cold with the wind and only little cat was running on the mtn. Ben was super tired frfom trying to stay warm all day working on the lifts.
I am getting to see kids at my rotation, and I think i am doing OK. I have to see the child, Dx their symptoms, make a plan and tell the preceptor so it is kind of nerve racking, but i think it is helping me learn. i have to decide what Rx I would give, if any, and in what dose. That is the tricky part.....knowing what dose of what med to use for each situation. but everyday it gets a bit easier the more i see and do it. and my preceptors are good about teaching me and not making me feel like i'm a dummy.
Well thats all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers